Where can I find replays that I can load and race against?

Where can I find replays that I can load and race against?

Postby Worldblender » 06 Dec 2020, 08:37

It's not easy for me to collect replays, because at the time of writing, I don't know where I can find them (not videos, but actual .replay files).
I need someone to tell me where I can find replays, other than recording my own. I might get an opportunity to learn from other people how I can beat certain tracks more quickly than whatever I do now.
I'm getting very good, but unfortunately, there are three more SuperTux challenges that I simply can't beat: Cocoa Temple, Northern Resort, and STK Enterprise. There must be something else I can do other than skidding as often as possible, and collecting more nitro.
Worldblender

Re: Where can I find replays that I can load and race agains

Postby wax » 06 Dec 2020, 10:35

Fortunately or unfortunately, mainly speedrunners publish their replays. So there are, for most of them, very optimized replays, not easy to run against.
https://github.com/theodorepringle/SuperTuxKart-replays There replays from Theodore are very optimized (at 95% or something like).
https://github.com/Wax-stk/Ghost-replay Here are my ghost replays, some are optimized, several are not updated/unoptimized.
Andet has also his replays on google drive but seems he made the folder private
Skidding as often as possible is not interesting, you have to "base" your skids on trajectories. Also red skids are more efficient, and nitro must be used at the end of red skids or just after.
wax

Postby kimden » 06 Dec 2020, 11:06

I can record some if you want (name more tracks if you want me to do more runs :)) . Shouldn't be too difficult to beat me as the person above says I am a noob as I won't try to optimize it more than I already do :)
I make servers, addons, online events, and many others things: my STK fork, my youtube channel
Making STK map? I beg you, WATCH THIS
kimden

Postby Worldblender » 07 Dec 2020, 04:33

Thanks for the resources posted here so far! I'm not asking anyone to make more replays for me, just that I can find some existing ones. There ought to be an interface for sharing and browsing replays to make it easier for more people to use the ghost race system.

Actually, I do try to get red skids whenever I can, but sometimes those aren't enough, and I do try to use nitro almost every time I end them. Maybe I would have to try my luck getting a triple zipper near the beginning of each race (only if my kart is near last place), and keeping it until they're used up.
Worldblender