SuperTuxKart 0.8.2 beta release

Re: SuperTuxKart 0.8.2 beta release

Postby d2kx » 20 Dec 2014, 21:53

Auria {l Wrote}:
d2kx {l Wrote}:I have extreme graphical problems as soon as "use improved graphics" (I assume this enables the OpenGL 3.1 renderer) is checked. Doesn't matter if I disable all the advanced features, but this very checkbox makes the game unplayable. It's fine without it.

{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
[info   ] IrrDriver: OpenGL version: 4.3
[info   ] IrrDriver: OpenGL vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
[info   ] IrrDriver: OpenGL renderer: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
[info   ] IrrDriver: OpenGL version string: 4.3.13283 Core Profile Context 14.501.1003.0
[info   ] GLDriver: AMD Vertex Shader Layer enabled
[info   ] GLDriver: ARB Buffer Storage enabled
[info   ] GLDriver: ARB Base Instance enabled
[info   ] GLDriver: ARB Draw Indirect enabled
[info   ] GLDriver: ARB Compute Shader enabled
[info   ] GLDriver: ARB Texture Storage enabled
[info   ] GLDriver: ARB Texture View enabled
[info   ] GLDriver: ARB Bindless Texture enabled
[warn   ] Graphics: Can not find version for '4.3.13283 Core Profile Context 14.501.1003.0' 'AMD Radeon R9 200 Series' - ignored.
[info   ] irr_driver: GLSL supported.

Wondering if the FOSS Radeon Mesa drivers work.

Since you mentionned Mesa, I assume this is on linux? If so, are you using the prioprietary driver?

Yes, this is with the latest prorietary driver (AMD Catalyst 14.12) on an AMD Radeon R9 285.
d2kx

Postby Anon » 21 Dec 2014, 03:27

Congratulations to all the devs for finishing the beta! I haven't tried it yet, but I did play on a fairly recent build and the new features really constitute a huge improvement from the old version.

Any idea when the official release might come out? (A rough time indication would give me an idea of when to start work on porting my own addon tracks and/or even continue work on the next-gen Green Valley.)
Anon

Postby Arthur » 21 Dec 2014, 03:39

Not sure if we can give a very good estimation, but we will probably do another beta in January at least.
Hey pal, I took an oath for justice! "In happy days or tightest tights..." or something like that.
Arthur

Postby laol » 21 Dec 2014, 08:06

When i want to play Cocoa Temple

error text:
---------------------------
SuperTuxKart crashed :/
SuperTuxKart crashed!
Please hit Ctrl+C to copy to clipboard and signal the problem
to the developers on our forum: http://forum.freegamedev.net/viewforum.php?f=16

Call stack:

<no symbol available>
 <no symbol available>
 <no symbol available>
 fcloseall
 <no symbol available>
 <no symbol available>
 <no symbol available>
 <no symbol available>
 <no symbol available>
 asCreateLockableSharedBool
 BaseThreadInitThunk
 RtlInitializeExceptionChain
 RtlInitializeExceptionChain
ОК   

stdout.log
[warn   ] Irrlicht: Could not open file of texture: data/
[error  ] irr_driver: Texture 'data/' not found.
[error  ] icon_button: add() : error, cannot find texture ''.
[debug  ] RaceManager: Nb of karts=4, ai:3 players:1

[error  ] material: Cannot find texture 'stktex_tropicalPlant_a.png'.
[error  ] material: Cannot find texture 'stktex_redFlower_a.png'.
[error  ] material: Cannot find texture 'stktex_greenBrush_a.png'.
[error  ] material: Cannot find texture 'stktex_redParrot_a.png'.
[error  ] material: Cannot find texture 'stktex_fern_diff_a.png'.
[error  ] material: Cannot find texture 'stklib_liana_diff_a.png'.
[info   ] Singleton: Destroyed singleton.
[error  ] main: Exception caught : bad allocation.
[error  ] main: Aborting SuperTuxKart.
[info   ] STKHost: Listening has been stopped
[warn   ] STKHost: Packet logging file has been closed.

Gran Paradiso Island also "cannot find texture", "Destroyed singleton", "bad allocation" and "Aborting SuperTuxKart", but Call Stack is empty. Anon's Temple arena also aborts STK with empty Call Stack, and stdout.log is similar, but it hasn't "Destroyed singleton" between "Cannot find texture" and "bad allocation".

Blackhill Mansion works with Tux and doesn't work with Xue (may be coincidence). Call Stack is empty, Stdout.log:
[error  ] material: Cannot find texture 'headLight.png'.
[error  ] material: Cannot find texture 'stkkart_textileSara.png'.
[error  ] material: Cannot find texture 'stklib_loveLantern_glow_a.png'.
[error  ] material: Cannot find texture 'stklib_loveLantern_heart_a.png'.
[warn   ] EventHandler: While loading track 'data/tracks/mansion/track.xml'
[warn   ] Irrlicht: PNG warning: Interlace handling should be turned on when using png_read_image
[warn   ] EventHandler: While loading track 'data/tracks/mansion/track.xml'
[warn   ] Irrlicht: Could not open file of texture: stklib_loveLantern_glow_a.png
[error  ] track: Bad weather node found - ignored.

[warn   ] CrashReporting: SymInitialize() failed
[warn   ] CrashReporting: SymInitialize() failed
[error  ] main: Exception caught : bad allocation.
[error  ] main: Aborting SuperTuxKart.
[info   ] STKHost: Listening has been stopped
[warn   ] STKHost: Packet logging file has been closed.
laol

Postby tux » 21 Dec 2014, 10:29

What SP are you on? I've found at least one comment saying that you need to be on SP3.

I have installed SP3 but STK still don't work.
tux

Postby PauloBrazil » 26 Dec 2014, 00:51

has some problems in physical decline of karts not gaining speed. When the karts collide completely lose steering control.
place the options of separate graphics.

Sugestion: Increase the brightness of the images of the tire karts had been better with the shadow effect.

Kart Emule Result:

http://upload.rilexsoft.com/?f=ver&img=774291840.png
http://upload.rilexsoft.com/?f=ver&img=2081250883.png

the graph get better with lighter kart tire.

brightness of the images of the tire kart:
http://upload.rilexsoft.com/?f=ver&img=1840288954.jpg
PauloBrazil

Postby Auria » 27 Dec 2014, 01:28

PauloBrazil {l Wrote}:has some problems in physical decline of karts not gaining speed. When the karts collide completely lose steering control.

Sugestion: Increase the brightness of the images of the tire karts had been better with the shadow effect.

Kart Emule Result:

Hi, I'm sorry, I don't really understand - I'm not sure what you mean by "physical decline of karts not gaining speed". Also I'm not sure I understand why you want tires to be brighter?
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby PauloBrazil » 28 Dec 2014, 13:38

Auria {l Wrote}:
PauloBrazil {l Wrote}:has some problems in physical decline of karts not gaining speed. When the karts collide completely lose steering control.

Kart Emule Result:

Hi, I'm sorry, I don't really understand - I'm not sure what you mean by "physical decline of karts not gaining speed". Also I'm not sure I understand why you want tires to be brighter?

The Kart does not gain speed when the track this down.

View Images:
http://upload.rilexsoft.com/?f=ver&img=835129664.png
http://upload.rilexsoft.com/?f=ver&img=369747119.png
PauloBrazil

Postby Nod-Origin » 30 Dec 2014, 22:16

Hi,
So I checked out the new beta on my laptop and thought I could give feedback on the graphical side of things. I like the new lighting and shadow effects. The game looks alot better and the Kart specs were needed. I get good performance up to graphical level:3 (1366x768). I had the show FPS option turned on in the game and tried driving around the main overworld and doing a race on BOVINE BARNYARD on both the beta (0.8.2) and the older one (0.8.1). So far this is what I have found.(estimates as the numbers fluctuate.)
BOVINE BARNYARD-Graphical effect level 8 (0.8.1) FPS:21/50/80-15KTris
BOVINE BARNYARD-Graphical effect level 3 (0.8.2) FPS:2/33/36-0KTris

Driving in the main overworld for the story mode in the stable version gave me around- FPS: 35/36/56-30KTris on Graphical effect level 8.
The Beta gave me good performance up to graphical effect level 3.
Graphical effect level:1 -FPS:54/55/62-0KTris
Graphical effect level :3-FPS 21/21/22-0KTris
Graphical effect level:5- FPS 4/5/5-0KTris
All in all, I like the new look in the beta. There are some graphical glitches, as using boost shows white artifacts. Smoke in the intro cinematic looks very weird too.

SPECS: AMD E-450 APU
4gb RAM
Lubuntu 14.04.1LTS
AMD Radeon HD 6320
Catalyst Omega Driver 14.12
Nod-Origin

Postby GameCodingNinja » 04 Jan 2015, 16:19

Last night I built the game in Linux via the provided source control page (http://supertuxkart.sourceforge.net/Source_control).

The driver Sara and Sara the wizard, the Santa hat is floating high above her head. Thought that was funny. The game also doesn't see my Logitech Dual Action controller for some reason. I know SDL2 sees it as a regular joystick or as a controller if the gamecontrollerdb.txt is loaded. It also works in my own engine as well as SuperTux2 and Extreme Tux Racer.
Attachments
sara.png
GameCodingNinja

Postby Auria » 05 Jan 2015, 00:46

GameCodingNinja {l Wrote}:Last night I built the game in Linux via the provided source control page (http://supertuxkart.sourceforge.net/Source_control).

The driver Sara and Sara the wizard, the Santa hat is floating high above her head. Thought that was funny. The game also doesn't see my Logitech Dual Action controller for some reason. I know SDL2 sees it as a regular joystick or as a controller if the gamecontrollerdb.txt is loaded. It also works in my own engine as well as SuperTux2 and Extreme Tux Racer.

Hi, yes the floating hat is a known issue that we will fix - fortunately since the stable release will happen after the holidays this won't be a major issue ;)

Regarding your gamepad, you mean it's not listed in the options screen, in the input tab? We use irrlicht's code to list gamepads, and that in turn just queries the system and I don't know why SDL would see it and not STK
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby GameCodingNinja » 05 Jan 2015, 18:26

In the Options screen, input tab, all it displays is keyboard/mouse. Clicking on "scan for devices" yields no results. The Linux I'm using is my own home brew build. I don't know if that's a problem or not. I'm using xfce4 as my desktop. I think I remember playing your game a long time ago on a Linux Mint Cinnamon build and I believe I was using the controller... I think. Well, using the keyboard/mouse is still fun for play. Awesome game BTW.
GameCodingNinja

Postby GameCodingNinja » 06 Jan 2015, 14:41

Quick question. In the past I wasn't able to compile or run the game binaries due to the below missing files. Have you changed something because I still don't have these files but yet I'm able to build and run the game. The build did give me the option to build without bluetooth support. Could that be why?

libgssapi_krb5.so.2
libkrb5.so.3
libk5crypto.so.3
libkrb5support.so.0
GameCodingNinja

Postby Arthur » 06 Jan 2015, 16:02

GameCodingNinja {l Wrote}:In the Options screen, input tab, all it displays is keyboard/mouse. Clicking on "scan for devices" yields no results. The Linux I'm using is my own home brew build. I don't know if that's a problem or not. I'm using xfce4 as my desktop. I think I remember playing your game a long time ago on a Linux Mint Cinnamon build and I believe I was using the controller... I think. Well, using the keyboard/mouse is still fun for play. Awesome game BTW.

There is no scan for devices button, what it does is adding another keyboard in case you have two. They will share controls however. What you must do is plugging in any other controller before you start the game, since then is when it looks for controllers.
Hey pal, I took an oath for justice! "In happy days or tightest tights..." or something like that.
Arthur

Postby GameCodingNinja » 07 Jan 2015, 19:22

My controller is always plugged in. As for "scan for devices", I'm confusing this with another game. I should try unplugging and then plugging in the controller after the game starts.
GameCodingNinja

Postby Arthur » 07 Jan 2015, 19:37

No, before the game starts. It doesn't hotplug.
Arthur

Postby jolan » 08 Jan 2015, 21:02

Tried the beta on 64-bit Linux w/nvidia proprietary driver and was very impressed with the graphical enhancements.

Steady at ~30 fps with all graphic effects level at 5. Never thought stk would get so demanding :)

Good work everyone.

[info ] IrrDriver: OpenGL version: 4.3
[info ] IrrDriver: OpenGL vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
[info ] IrrDriver: OpenGL renderer: GeForce GTX 750 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
[info ] IrrDriver: OpenGL version string: 4.3.0 NVIDIA 343.36
[info ] GLDriver: ARB Buffer Storage enabled
[info ] GLDriver: ARB Base Instance enabled
[info ] GLDriver: ARB Draw Indirect enabled
[info ] GLDriver: ARB Compute Shader enabled
[info ] GLDriver: ARB Texture Storage enabled
[info ] GLDriver: ARB Texture View enabled
[info ] GLDriver: ARB Bindless Texture enabled
[info ] irr_driver: GLSL supported.
[info ] GUIEngine: scale: 1.134752
jolan

Postby vlj » 10 Jan 2015, 01:08

Thanks your comment is appreciated.
vlj

Postby penguin2233 » 21 Jan 2015, 03:57

GeekPenguinBR {l Wrote}:Congratulations for all members of STK team! You did a wonderful job with a very good level of graphic improvement. I hope everything, as soon as possible, may works fine on my PC (no bugs) as well I hope the best for all the spertuxkart players all over the world. For while, I have already experienced some issues.

tux {l Wrote}:Why you no longer support Windows XP? Can you create version for Windows XP?

Can you create a hard disk partition to install there a supported version of Linux?

You could try Virtualbox but since XP was for lightweight netbooks and notebooks I assume you have a slow computer (something like a acer travelmate 230) so a vm would be too much
penguin2233

Postby laol » 20 Feb 2015, 14:11

All new tracks don't work.
laol

Postby Auria » 22 Feb 2015, 01:23

laol {l Wrote}:All new tracks don't work.

You will need to give us a bit more information, please open a new topic if you haven't already done so and help us by providing more information (what OS, what GPU, any error message, etc.)
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby ArDanWol » 03 Mar 2015, 16:42

Hello everyone.
I'm very impressed by the new SuperTuxkart graphics engine. Looks great even with a relatively low GPU. I've had a few crashes but haven't gotten around to copying the call stacks/crash reports. I'll post them when I can. I have encountered a few graphical bugs as shown in the screenshots attached.
startrack-2015.02.28_08.13.19.png
Happens only on STK Enterprise when Anti-aliasing is disabled. Acts like part of the track.

The bug in STK Enterprise happens only occasionally when I have anti-aliasing disabled. It acts like part of the track because it rotates with it when you turn your kart.
20_island-2015.02.28_09.36.25.png
Happens on this track and Zen Garden on occasion. Turning off God rays fixes it.

The God ray/light shaft bug happens only on occasion with Gran Paradiso and Zen Garden. Turning off God rays fixes that issue.
Hope this was somewhat helpful to the development team. As I said, I'll get the call stacks/crash reports (or whatever they're called) out to you ASAP. BTW, is Beta #2 out and if so, where do I download it?

My PC Info:
Model: HP TouchSmart Laptop
CPU: Intel Dual Core i3-3120m 2.50 GHz
RAM: 6 GB
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Last edited by ArDanWol on 04 Mar 2015, 20:36, edited 2 times in total.
I'm know pretty much everywhere else on the internet as "Kpenguin"
"Profanity is one language all computer users know" - Murphy's 50th Law of Computers
Software bugs are impossible to detect by anybody except the end user - Murphy's 31st law of software
Each computer code has five bugs, regardless of how many bugs have been already found - Murphy's 50th law of software
"That's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!"
ArDanWol

Postby charlie » 04 Mar 2015, 13:45

The second screenshot could be a track idea! Something based on Sunshine maybe. :)
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby XGhost » 04 Mar 2015, 20:12

ardanwol, You can find all informations and all download links for the second Beta version here: http://supertuxkart.blogspot.ch/2015/01 ... oject.html
I think most of the issues will be fixed then, especially the ones on your screenshots. The STK coders have done an impressive work ;)

Thank you for your interest in STK!
XGhost

Edit: Corrected grammar mistake. Thanks ardanwol ;)
Last edited by XGhost on 04 Mar 2015, 21:14, edited 1 time in total.
XGhost

Postby ArDanWol » 04 Mar 2015, 20:41

XGhost {l Wrote}:ardanwol, You can find all infos and all download links for the second Beta version here: http://supertuxkart.blogspot.ch/2015/01 ... oject.html

Thanks X-Ghost! :) By the way, I think you mean information instead of "infos" ;) Just thought I'd help you out there.
I'm know pretty much everywhere else on the internet as "Kpenguin"
"Profanity is one language all computer users know" - Murphy's 50th Law of Computers
Software bugs are impossible to detect by anybody except the end user - Murphy's 31st law of software
Each computer code has five bugs, regardless of how many bugs have been already found - Murphy's 50th law of software
"That's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!"
ArDanWol