[SOLVED] Help Animating a Texture

[SOLVED] Help Animating a Texture

Postby Anon » 23 Nov 2014, 20:27

I made a simple spritesheet of some clouds, thinking that it would be easy to have the STK engine play the animation to add some more depth to the sky in my tracks/experiments.

I was so wrong.

I won't go into detail about everything I tried, but no matter what, the clouds would always render like this:

Untitled.jpg
The texture seems stretched no matter what I do. (ignore the actual clouds, those are in the skybox)

After a while, I decided to try swapping one of the working animations' texture out for the cloud texture, hoping that it would at least give me something to work with. But as you can see in the image above, I got a grid pattern (probably the spritesheet tiled horizontally), instead of a nice cloud timelapse.

By this point, I'm at a complete loss for what to try. Normally, I'd create an issue on github, but it just doesn't make enough sense that a specific texture would mess up a feature in the game engine.

So I'm posting this, hoping that someone else will be able to get the animation to work or at least make sense of what's going on.

Here's the image, and thanks in advance:
Attachments
gfx_clouds_a.png
Last edited by Anon on 24 Nov 2014, 02:55, edited 1 time in total.
Anon

Re: Help Animating a Texture

Postby Anon » 24 Nov 2014, 02:54

Turns out it was actually easy, I just happened to have forgotten to update the spritesheet in my track directory when I converted it from horizontal to vertical.
Anon